VIDEO PRODUCER AND EDITOR
£18,000–£24,000 a year
Application deadline: 27 April 2017
We are seeking a talented filmmaker with a great design eye, sensitivity for tone, and panache for visual storytelling to join our Oxford team and take the lead on a wide range of film projects.
Angel Sharp Media Ltd is a boutique documentary production house that specialises in high quality cinematic online shorts for a diverse range of clients and organisations.
Whether generating innovative content for some of the country’s top museums and universities, shedding light on the latest scientific discoveries, curating humorous viral campaigns, or travelling the world to capture compelling human stories, we have carved out a reputation as a highly creative on-the-pulse agency at the forefront of specialised digital media.
We are seeking someone whose core skills are producing and editing, and has particular experience in at least one other area from the following:
• Sound engineering
You should have a passion for creating beautiful, inspiring, and captivating videos, a commitment to playing with the form of video and experimenting with video techniques, and insight into the delicate pairing of music and visuals. You should have a keen interest in exploring the space between TV and native online video, and responding inventively to the changing needs of viewers.
As part of our tight-knit five-person team, you will be responsible for working confidently at every stage of a project, creating videos tailored to the needs of the client. You will be a key part of the creative idea-generation process, and will have a wide knowledge and interest in the technical aspects of multimedia production for online environments.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Project managing video productions from start to finish, organising shoots, booking freelancers, managing a budget, editing, and delivery of final product to client
• Interviewing and directing contributors, shooting a variety of footage and managing crews on location
• Working closely with the in-house team, understanding their needs and contributing suitable creative ideas and feedback on their projects
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• A strong talent for filmmaking and storytelling, combined with a respect for the budget, the brief and client requirements
• Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients throughout the feedback process
• Exceptional design eye and visual sensibilities
• Strong skills in people-management and the ability to lead a team and harness the skills of others
• Passion for online video and digital channels
Only candidates with the right to live and work in the UK will be considered for this role.
Applicants should send CVs and links to supporting work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include details of your specific production role on any video links you send